The steps involved in document digitization
These days, more and more companies throughout Quebec are looking to reduce the volume of their company files in order to gain more office and storage space, in addition to facilitating quick access to their work documents. The solution? Professional digitization of their documents and files.
Would you like to have your company’s documents professionally digitized? You can count on the professionals at JUL Solutions. They’ll provide you with sound advice and help you avoid a great number of problems. Their professional-quality digitization equipment can scan the content of files, blueprints and books at a rate of up to 600 images per minute with high photographic quality. They also avail of the specialized software that’s necessary for providing optical character recognition (OCR), making your documents searchable, just as if you had created them that way.
By leveraging their expertise and experience in the area, the experts at JUL Solutions have developed a multi-step process for digitizing documents in order to offer you top-notch service.
JUL Solutions’ steps to document digitization
Because the quality of their services and their relationships with their clients are the highest priorities for this family-owned-and-operated company, here are the steps they follow when you call on their document digitization service:
- The regional representative meets with you at your location to explain the full document digitization process.
- The rep collects one or two “test boxes” in order to evaluate your needs (the number of documents to digitize, the access required during the various steps of the digitization process, the image formats, color or black and white, etc.).
- JUL Solutions prepares the content of the test box for digitization, removing clips and staples, repairing torn documents with adhesive tape, etc.
- An operator performs regular manual verification, viewing all of the document images onscreen to ensure that there are no superimposed or missing images and that all of the quality criteria (readability, clarity, contrast, color, image integrity, correct number of images, etc.) are satisfied.
- Once the documents are digitized, JUL Solutions prepares a detailed custom plan based on the test box.
- The regional representative returns to show you the results and the quality of the scanned documents and to go over the details of the estimate with you.
- Once you’ve given your consent, JUL Solutions gathers all of the boxes containing the documents you want to digitize.
- JUL Solutions then performs the same document digitization steps as they did with the test box (preparation, digitization and quality control).
- The technicians record the images of all of your digitized documents on the medium of your choice, whether CD-ROM, DVD, Blu-Ray, external hard drive, USB drive or secure standalone server.
- JUL Solutions delivers the digital media to you.
- If you wish, JUL Solutions securely destroys your physical documents three months after the date of digitization and presents you with an official certificate of destruction.
Document digitization security measures
At JUL Solutions, all of the employees must sign a confidentiality agreement and submit criminal and financial background reports. Furthermore, all of the documents entrusted to them are stored in a secure location with access restricted to authorized personnel only. Throughout the digitization process, JUL Solutions ensures the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information, protecting it from any unauthorized access, use, disclosure, destruction, modification or interference.
Don’t hesitate to contact the experts at JUL Solutions if you have any questions regarding the steps involved in digitizing your company documents. They’ll be happy to give you all the answers you need.